Get The 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People in 3 Minutes
How many books are on your to-read list? If you’re anything like me, I bet it’s in the hundreds.
With the number of fantastic books out there, it’s next to impossible to find time to read them all. Luckily, there’s an app to help you. The Blinkist app offers nonfiction books in short: it gives you the most important points from non-fiction books in bitesize form. It also offers a key piece of actionable advice from each book so that you can instantly incorporate it into your day-to-day life.
The insights from each book are compiled, written, edited and recorded by Blinkist’s expert team of editors and writers. We asked the same team to put together a 2-minute version of one of their most popular titles, Stephen Covey’s The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People to give readers everywhere a chance to discover the power of Blinkist.
Here are the key insights from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People :
1. Sharpen the saw. Don’t work yourself to death. Strive for a sustainable lifestyle that affords you time to recuperate, recharge and be effective in the long-term.
2. Be proactive. You have a natural need to wield influence on the world around you so don’t spend your time just reacting to external events and circumstances. Take charge and assume responsibility for your life.
3. Begin with an end in mind. Don’t spend your life working aimlessly, tackling whatever job is at hand. Have a vision for the future and align your actions accordingly to make it into a reality.
4. Put first things first. To prioritize your work, focus on what’s important, meaning the things that bring you closer to your vision of the future. Don’t get distracted by urgent but unimportant tasks.
5. Think win-win. When negotiating with other, don’t try to get the biggest slice of the cake, but rather find a division that is acceptable to all parties. You will still get your fair share, and build strong positive relationships in the process.
6. Seek first to understand, then to be understood. When someone presents us with a problem, we often jump right to giving a solution. This is a mistake. We should first take time to really listen to the other person and only then make recommendations.
7. Synergize. Adopt the guiding principle that in a group, the contributions of many will far exceed those of any individual. This will help you achieve goals you could never have reached on your own.
So there you have it, the main takeaways from The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People.
If you want to get similar takeaways from world-famous, life-changing books in 15 minutes or fewer, download the Blinkist app.
You can get bite-sized versions of 2000+ nonfiction books by authors such as Tony Robbins, Seth Godin, Tim Ferriss, Arianna Huffington, and Naomi Klein.
The app also has an audio feature so you can listen to nonfiction book notes on-the-go.
Download the app to start reading in smarter, better, faster way.
While you're here...
... let us tell you a little about who we are.
Blinkist Magazine is made by the same people who make — yep, you guessed it! — Blinkist. We spend our days transforming crucial insights from the best nonfiction books into powerful little packs of wisdom that you can read or listen to in a matter of minutes.
If you’re curious about the app, why not try it for free for 7 days? If it’s not for you, just cancel your subscription during the trial period and you won’t be charged. Happy learning!