Forbidden Love Quotes
Love does not discriminate. The heart falls for anyone, despite whom they are and where they’re from. But all through history, love has suffered different obstacles that made that beautiful feeling to seem like a sacrilege. Whether it’s due to societal restrictions, religious beliefs or wrong timing, forbidden love has been an undeniable part of human experience.
Writers, philosophers, and other notable figures have overtime coined many forbidden love quotes to explain the feelings, pains, and consequences of this unacceptable passion. In this article, we will share some of those forbidden love quotes.
Quotes About Forbidden Love
- Love is love, even if it is illicit; like light remains light even in the darkness. — Munia Khan
- “What a beautiful madness, to explore the darkness in one’s own soul and find joy in the unearthing of such wicked thoughts.”― Wiss Auguste.
- “I don’t regret the lies I’ve told, nor following his father’s orders, nor keeping that thorn tucked away for so long before I burned it. But I regret this moment, stolen from a different thread of us where we’re oblivious and happy. I should’ve never heard him laugh like that.” ― Gina Chen, Violet Made of Thorns.
- I swore that I wouldn’t kiss you again. Obviously, I can’t keep my promises, even to myself. Not when it comes to you. — Katharine McGee.
- Loving him is a sin; of that I’m fully aware. But a sinner I am. — Bella Jewel
- Bitter always follows the sweet, especially when it comes to love. Especially when it comes to forbidden love. — Karina Halle.
- Even though we were never supposed to be together, I can’t be with anyone else, no matter the consequences. — Nicole Gulla.
- You wondered how you’d make it through. I wondered what was wrong with you.
- Because how could you give your love to someone else, yet share your dreams with me? Sometimes the only thing you’re looking for, is the one thing you can’t see. — Vanessa Williams
- Physical infidelity is the signal, the notice given, that all fidelities are undermined. — Katherine Anne Porter.
- There is a charm about the forbidden that makes it unspeakably desirable. — Mark Twain.
- Forbidden love is like being addicted to something. It feels good at the time and gives you pleasure, but there’s no good that can come from it. — Tryon Edwards.
- Be mindful of forbidden love. It will have your brain thinking different things. It will make you forget right from wrong. — Rick Riordan.
- It is better to be unfaithful than faithful without wanting to be. — Brigitte Bardot.
- When forbidden love is involved, you have to take the bitter with the sweet. — Karina Halle.
- Great passions, my dear, don’t exist; they’re liars’ fantasies. What do exist are little loves that may last for a short or a longer while. — Anna Magnani.
- If I were you, I’d promise to live life for all it’s worth. Take all you’ve been given and leave your mark upon this earth. Trust your heart to show you everything you’ll ever need. And if you were you, I’d fall in love with me. — Collin Raye.
- It was terrifying to love someone who was forbidden to you. Terrifying to feel something you could never speak of, something that was horrible to almost everyone you knew, something that could destroy your life. — Cassandra Clare.
- Forbidden love is exciting. When you are free to be together, it’s not as exciting. — Marcus Quintilian.
- We cannot force ourselves to love – or to withhold it. At best, we can curb our actions. The heart itself is beyond control. That is its power, and its weakness. — Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni.
- Never’s just the echo of forever. Lonesome as a love that might have been. Let me go on lovin’ and believin’ ’til it’s over. Please don’t tell me how the story ends. — Kris Kristofferson.
- Lovable people are not the ones who need love. It’s usually the most unlovable people who look for love in bad places. — Ashley Montagu.
- It’s hard to be friends with someone you want so badly. — Dawson’s Creek.
- My heart tells me this is the best and greatest feeling I have ever had. But my mind knows the difference between wanting what you can’t have and wanting what you shouldn’t want. And I shouldn’t want you. — Cassandra Clare
- We always long for the forbidden things, and desire what is denied us. — Francois Rabelais.
- When unrequited love is the most expensive thing on the menu, sometimes you settle for the daily special. — Miranda Kenneally.
- Among all the many kinds of first love, that which begins in childish companionship is the strongest and most enduring: when passion comes to unite its force to long affection, love is at its spring-tide. — George Eliot.
- Forbidden pleasures alone are loved immoderately; when lawful, they do not excite desire. — Marcus Quintilian.
- Be careful of love. It’ll twist your brain around and leave you thinking up is down and right is wrong. — Rick Riordan.
- What is worse to you? Is it worse to know you want something or that you can never have it? — James Patterson.
- Lying here with him, I realize love is so much more than silly words or actions. It is all-encompassing and unfathomable until experienced. It is darkness intertwined with light, good with evil. — Nancee Cain.
- To burn with desire and keep quiet about it is the greatest punishment we can bring on ourselves. — Frederico Lorca.
- An affair wants to spill, to share its glory with the world. No act is so private it does not seek applause. — John Updike.
- When forbidden love can cost you everything, you should consider settling for something less risky. — Miranda Kenneally.
- It is a wonderful subduer, this need for love-this hunger of the heart-as peremptory as that other hunger by which Nature forces us to submit to the yoke, and change the face of the world. — George Eliot.
- No lover, if he be of good faith, and sincere, will deny he would prefer to see his mistress dead than unfaithful. — Marquis De Sade.
- One reproaches a lover, but can one reproach a husband? When his only fault is that he no longer loves? — Madame de La Fayette.
- I couldn’t shake this feeling that I had uncovered more than something ordinary. — Nicole Gulla.
- Mind and night will meet, though in silence, like forbidden lovers. — Philip James Bailey.
- Because that was the problem with society. It cared too much about whom you fell in love with, but never about why. The why matters. — L.J. Shen.
- Her skin smells of vintage books and pale moonlight, exotic things, forbidden loves and rainy nights. — Melody Lee.
Hidden Love Quotes from Anonymous Sources
- There is no rejection and pain in silence, and that’s the reason I chose to stay this way – loving you in secret and without words.
- You may and will never know it, but I love you with all my heart – inside and out.
- Every time you look into my eyes, I fear that you may get a glimpse of how much I love you.
- I knew it from the start – you will be and only will be a faraway dream.
- All I ask is a minute with you – there is no need for words; just by your side for a second means everything to me.
- If keeping my love a secret will not cause you any more pain, then I will never speak about it as long as I live.
Now, if you’re hungry for more forbidden love quotes, let me tell you about Blinkist. It’s like having a cheat code for knowledge. With Blinkist, you can dive into a whole world of non-fiction books and get the key insights and summaries in a fraction of the time. If you want to explore the depths of forbidden love and gain a deeper understanding of its complexities, Blinkist has got your back. It’s like a forbidden love quote treasure trove right at your fingertips.